While we were away visiting our New Jersey family, we went to an excellent play, full of life lessons. I'd like to share a few with you.
- God and others have been generous to us, and we should be generous as well
- Love is the most powerful force in the universe. Wage love every day
- Don't doubt in the darkness what you have seen in the light. We are called to walk by faith
- Finish the assignment God has given to you. Half-finished will not do.
- We can ruin our lives and others' lives by the bad choices we make. Choose wisely.
- If we seek to save our lives, we will lose them. If we give up our lives in love, we save them.
- Don't look back. Forget what lies behind. Strive for the goal that lies ahead.
- United we stand. Divided we fall.
- Our gifts are given to us to bless others.
- Love grown cold can burn hot again... if kindled by Love.
I'm sure there were more. Every day there are life lessons to be learned. Let's learn them...
Have a great month!
Sundays - Every Sunday - Worship Service - 10:30 a.m. in person and via Zoom.
10/1 - Communion Sunday
10/22 - Fall Potluck after worship service.
Tuesdays - 10/10 - Church Board Meeting - 7 PM via Zoom. Please note this is a different night than our normal Thursday.
Wednesdays - Every Wednesday Bible Study - 7 PM - via Zoom.
Contact Gary at email@example.com for Zoom links.
Other News -
Communion - We will be celebrating communion on Sunday, October 1. If you are attending via Zoom, please have your own elements ready.
Fall Potluck - Plan on staying after church on Sunday, October 22 for an all-church potluck. Bring a dish or two to share of your favorite fall foods. This is a great chance to get to know one another better and have a delicious meal. Try to sit with people you don't really know!
Little Food Pantry - Caledonia Elementary School has opened a version of a little library, but instead of books, it is full of food. It is available to anyone who might need something or for those who might want to donate food. It is located off the parking lot near the entrance. We were contacted by their social worker to let us know about it. If you want to donate small amounts of non-perishable food, just stop by and put it in the little pantry. If you would like to donate larger amounts, please call her (Diana Kilmer) at the school (815) 547- 1977.
Thanks - Thanks to the Trustees for installing all new emergency lights and signs.
Camping- At this time, the men's camping trip to Devil's Lake is still on, October 19-22. Let Gary know if you are interested.
Gary Schwerin, pastor