Practicing God's Presence
Friends at Caledonia-
I am excited to let you know that at our recent board meeting, we agreed to attempt to gather us together for worship again! I know we have all been waiting for this! We will gather outside, under the oaks, on July 19 at 10:30am. (If it's bad weather, we will move the date to July 26)
Given that we still are living with the very real threat of the ongoing pandemic, here are the guidelines we need you to abide by for our coming together.
- please everyone wear masks
- bring your own lawn chairs
- family groups can be together but we ask groups and individuals separate by a least 6 feet.
- depending on our attendance, we hope to arrange in a circle, so we can see each other, and for maximum safety.
- please use the restroom before you come, as the church building will not be open (cleaning issues)
- please do not bring food
- You all have been so good to continue to support the church in our time apart. Thank you! Please continue to send your support via mail to Nathalie. We won't take an offering.
- If you are uncomfortable coming, feel free to stay away.
- If you are at all ill, please stay away
I know this doesn't sound like our usual, rollicking Sunday mornings, but it is a start. We are not sure yet how often we will gather like this. We look for your feedback on or after the 19th, so we can know where we go from here.
We won't have songbooks, but will sing songs we know, if we can set up appropriately. I'll share a message, we'll pray, and I may invite you to share testimonies of God's faithfulness during these times. We will gather together, we will see one another, we will be able to talk to each other, and we can celebrate God's faithfulness through it all.
I love you all and I'm looking forward to seeing you on the 19th. Sorry for those of you whose summer plans won't let you join us. Don't worry! We'll be meeting again! If you have questions, please contact me or one of the board members.
What God requires
Gary Schwerin, pastor